June 27th, 2012
Today we announced our new Desktone Powered Partner Program to accelerate Desktop as a Service (DaaS) deployments. This is the culmination of almost 5 years of working with the brightest service providers in the industry. We quickly realized that providing a purpose built virtual desktop platform was half of the equation and the other half was helping our partners to fine tune their DaaS operations, sales and marketing. The Desktone Powered Program provides quickstart tools for service providers, resellers and technology partners enabling rapid DaaS deployments and increased customer adoptions. We have seen record growth in 2012 with new partners such as Dell, Fujitsu, NaviSite, Marubeni, Netelligent, and Quest choosing the Desktone virtual desktop platform over Citrix and VMware for DaaS.
Desktone is 100% channel/OEM business so we are not successful unless our provider partners are successful. The Desktone virtual desktop platform was built from day one for service providers to offer an easy to deploy and cost effective virtual desktop to any device on-demand. The Desktone Powered Program gives our partners additional service and support to provision DaaS to end users; train technical and sales and market staff; and access materials and community forums.
The program provides:
- The Desktone Partner Portal – An online solutions center with documentation, troubleshooting materials, marketing collateral and an interactive forum for feedback
- Desktone University – Online training and certification programs for technical, sales and marketing professionals
- Quick Start Tools – Three month rapid proof of concept and free demo desktops to try out the Desktone Platform
- Technical Support – Platform installation services, monitoring, testing and help desk support
- Professional Services – Expert support from a Desktone Technical Account Manager, a Channel Sales Manager and a Project Manager to assist with business optimization
- Sales & Marketing Support – Extensive sales and marketing enablement based on Desktone’s years of experience offering DaaS
Service Providers are turning to DaaS as a source of new revenue streams with strong market potential. Organizations from SMBs to enterprises are looking for ways to support the consumerization of IT. DaaS makes it much easier to deploy full-featured Windows desktops to any device on-demand without the cost and complexity of building and managing infrastructure required by traditional virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) solutions. Desktone’s DaaS offering is $10-$15 less per month per desktop than traditional, on-premise VDI solutions and can help service providers achieve 15-20 percent increased margins. Come check out why the top service providers turn to Desktone for delivering DaaS.